Thursday, September 5, 2013

Eat the Rainbow

Rainbow salad



When I was growing up...I remember my mom talking about eating the rainbow. Not literally, folks. But just trying to add every color to your meal. What a good lesson for a little...I think I'll use that myself (maybe) someday.

Tonight for dinner I went with it.



I picked up a few veggies at green city market.


I wish you could taste these tomatoes through your screen. Seriously, like candy.



Then on to the dressing. A bit tangy with a whole lotta attitude.




For the salad...
- 2 small heads of lettuce
- 1 cup tomatoes - I used grape and cherry varieties
- 1 red pepper

Chop and your done.

For the dressing...
- 2 T fresh lime juice
- 2 T olive oil (I used garlic infused)
- 2 T sesame oil
- 1 T apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- cilantro to taste ( I used 3 T)
- Dalt and pepper to taste ( I used about 1 t each)

Mix all ingredients in blender. If using Blendtec, select dressings setting. Otherwise pulse until the cheese is worked in and the consistency turns smoother.

Happy rainbowing

No comments:

Post a Comment